Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Clergyman to a nation

Billy Graham was a pastor who filled stadiums and counseled Presidents.

The New Times obituary concludes with this quote from Dr Graham's autobiography.





Why it all came about remained a puzzle to Mr. Graham. In his autobiography, he wrote: “I have often said that the first thing I am going to do when I get to Heaven is ask: ‘Why me, Lord? Why did You choose a farm boy from North Carolina to preach to so many people, to have such a wonderful team of associates, and to have a part in what You were doing in the latter half of the 20th century?’ ”
“I have thought about that question a great deal,” he added, “but I know also that only God knows the answer.”

References


(2018, February 21). Billy Graham, 99, Dies; Pastor Filled Stadiums and Counseled .... Retrieved February 21, 2018, from https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/obituaries/billy-graham-dead.html

No comments:

Post a Comment