Friday, May 20, 2011

Many Rooms of my Father

The texts of the Roman Catholic Lectionary today show the process of revelation of the nature of Jesus to the Apostles. The passage from the Book of Acts relates the story of Jesus mission, rejection and resurrection. The journey of Jesus draws the conclusion which resonates with the proclamation of Psalm 2 that “You are my Son; this day I have begotten you”. This intimacy of Jesus with the Father is extended through the invitation in John’s Gospel to those who hear the call of the Shepherd to follow the Way to the Father’s House. The apprehension which might exist about being worthy or qualified for intimate relationship with the Divine is reduced by the assurance that “(John 14:1-2)‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe* in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father’s house there are many dwelling-places.”.

No comments:

Post a Comment